Im not such a huge fan of watching television now longer. I've started to look less on television than I used to do when I was younger. I used to watch all the "soap operas" when I came home from school, it was Ricky Lake, Sunset Beach and it countinued with others all evening.
Today I just follow two series, it is Sex and the City with is the best serie that ever been made in my opinion. It has it all like humor, romans, sex, tradgedy, up's and down's for all of the four woman that lives their lives on Manhattan in New York. I't a serie were we can follow the woman in what ever they do and all ebarrasment they happens to do. You laugh and you feel with them and it's just so lovely to watch.
The other serie I like to watch is Grey's Anatomy with is a hospital serie, it is funny and it always happens a lot of crazy things in the programes. It's a nice thing to spend the wednesday's with.
A third thing I follow slavishly is Bygglov, whitch is a renovation programe. It is also a facilely programe and it's fun to se how the houses changes and become so fine after they are done with everything. And I think the carpenter "Bygg Matte" is a really good-looker. The three main persons of the programe is also very funny to listen to, they joke and they make fun of eachother and are always so energetic and work so hard to fix other peoples houses. That's a nice thing and a good concept I think!
I think there is a lot of series that is good, but there is also an anbundance with series that isn't so good and in my opinion very bad and have no meaning at all. More good things on the television again!
tisdag 21 april 2009
Prenumerera på:
Kommentarer till inlägget (Atom)
Dear Karin,
SvaraRaderaThank you for your thoughts on the topic of TV series! I agree with you that there is quite a lot of rubbish on the telly nowadays, but perhaps we have also become a bit more critical as to what we actually want to watch?
You have a nice structure in your text, where you deal with one idea per paragraph. Your introduction, however, would have benefitted from things being presented in a different order, I think. If you had started with “When I was younger I used to watch...”, and then continued with e.g. “Nowadays I am no longer such a huge fan of watching TV. There are, however, a few series that still interest me.” you would have guided the reader into the main theme of your text in a better way. You introduce your paragraphs with topic sentences with transitional devices (excellent!). Try to make more use of transitional devices within the paragraphs as well. In your conluding paragraph you sum up your thoughts and end things with a request: good!
As to language, there are a few things you should think about. First of all, think about subject-verb agreement, as in “the four woman that lives”. Figure out when to use adjectives and adverbs, as in “"Bygg Matte" is a really good-looker”, where “good-looker” is a noun and anything modifying it has to be an adjective, in this case “real” (however, it would be “really good looking”). Also, pay attention to spelling (e.g. how to spell “where” and “which” correctly, where to put the appostroph in contractions (it’s) and in “ups and downs”, which are plural forms. By the way, the plural form of “woman” is “women”. There is one word I couldn’t figure out: “facilely” in “It is also a facilely programe”. In your last sentence, “More good things on the television again!”, the predicate is missing.
Keep up the good work!
Best,
Marika
Hey Karin. I agree with Marika in that you use topic sentences very well throughout the text. One thing I would like to change however is in the second paragraph were you say that you have two favourite tv shows. I would have liked you to present them both in the same paragraph. You write: (Today I just follow two series, it is Sex and the City with is the best serie that ever been made in my opinion) then you continue talking about sex and the city. I would have liked you to continued that sentence with ...my opinon, my second favourite tv show is blablabla and so on..
SvaraRaderaOtherwise there are only a few minor spelling errors. Try writing the blog assignment in word with the spelling programm off, then just correct your faults before publishing. That way you'll both get the practice and correct spelling in your blog.
Keep it up!
/Mattias